BBHQ Bodyboarding School
BODYBOARDING COACHING IN CORNWALL - LESSONS TUITION AND HOLIDAYS
If you are looking to get some first class Bodyboarding coaching and tuition you have come to the right place. We cater for all levels, from absolute beginner to expert, with an emphasis on you getting the very best out of your bodyboard lesson.
There is simply nothing our Head Coach Danny Catten does not not know about the sport. He was 5 times British champion and with over 30 years of bodyboarding experience. Every measure is taken to ensure you have the best experience and get the most out of the lesson. Safety is our prime consideration in all of our bodyboarding coaching lessons.
So if you are looking to have some fun, improve or really fine tune your bodyboarding we are there to help. Our lessons operate out of the consistent surfing beaches of Portreath and Porthtowan. We also have the use of other beaches if these are not surfable.
It is our belief that even if you take away only one thing in a session that changes your riding forever then it is money well spent.
Coaching sessions start at £30 for a two hour lesson
Call 01209 844806 to make a booking.
Our head instructor is Danny Catten. Danny is about as qualified as you can get when it comes to bodyboard coaching. He is methodical and takes pride in his tuition and was simply the most logical choice when it came to choosing our head coach.
He has over 30 years of bodyboarding experience, competed internationally, travelled the world bodyboarding and surfed in all kind of conditions both big and small.
His British contest results are as follows:
- 6 x English champion
- 5 x British champion
- 1 x British masters champion
Add to this the fact he is a qualified RNLI lifeguard, first aider and ASI surf coach and we can guarantee you the very best tuition going.
Just like our bodyboard shop we like to keep our pricing relevant and competitive. Most of all we want to offer our customers great value for money without compromise. Here are some of our prices below.
- 1 x 2 hour Lesson - £ 30
- 1 Day (2 Lessons) - £ 50
- 2 Lessons (Different Days) - £ 55
- 3 Lessons - £ 70
- 4 Lessons - £ 90
We can also tailor lessons and coaching to fit with your requirements such as group discounts and much more. Please call us for more details. 01209 844806
We taking safety very seriously here at Bodyboard HQ and no expense has been spared to make sure you have a great lesson in the safest possible way.
Your safety always comes first. We'll make sure we understand any conditions or anxieties you may have prior to the lesson so we can teach you confidently.Our maximum class sizes are one coach to eight students, this ratio ensures safety at all times, as well as allowing maximum learning opportunity.
All of our safety equipment is top notch and regularly checked.
If you do not have your own bodyboarding equipment we can provide it free of charge for your lesson. If you want to carry on using it for the rest of the day the kit is available to hire.
We choose every piece of equipment for its functionality and ease of use so you get the very best out of each lesson. Everything we use for coaching is also available to buy
All of our instructors carry up to £5,000,000 Public liability and £5,000,000 professional indemnity insurance.
LESSON STRUCTURE - BASICS
- MEETING: We’ll meet you either at the store in Portreath
- HEALTH AND SAFETY CHECK: We’ll check the Health & Safety form you have filled out and advise you appropriately.
- KITTING OUT: We’ll kit you out with a board, a warm well fitting wetsuit and accessories (hat, boots and gloves if necessary) and a high visibility identity vest.
- CHANGING: Personal belongings can be left in our secure units at the store.
- WARM UP: We’ll then walk down on to the sand where you’ll be taken through a gentle warm up and surf safety information.
- DRY LAND COACHING: This vital part of the lesson aims to give you all the basic information such as how to catch waves and how to carry your board safely.
- WATER COACHING: We’ll demonstrate all we have shown you on dry land in the surf, then re-cap safety issues and get you in the water. We will carry on coaching until you are riding waves to the beach. We may call one or two of you out of the water at times for briefing and help with your technique.
- SUPERVISING AND REFINING: While you’re in the water your coaches will help you constantly, giving you tips advice and lots of encouragement.
- FINAL TIPS: Towards the end of the session we’ll leave the water for a debrief where we can discuss next steps and things to practice. Then it’s time to change into your dry clothes and head off for a coffee or a beer!"